On 3 November the FIA published the official Blancpain Sprint Series Calendar 2015 calendar. Thus, the 2015 season consists of seven races.:
- Nogaro, France (04-06 April 2015)
- Brands Hatch, Great Britain (09-10 May 2015)
- Zolder, Belgium (05-07 June 2015)
- Moscow, Russia (03-05 July 2015)
- Portimão Portugal (04-06 September 2015)
- Misano, Italy (02-04 October 2015)
- Baku, Azerbaijan (24-25 October 2015)
The races in Zandvoort (Netherlands) and Orechová Potôň (Slovakia) are discontinued. New additions to the calendar 2015 are Moscow (Russia) and Misano (Italy). The races in Moscow will be contested on a street circuit.
The events in Brasil and Germany that were proposed in the provisional calendar did not materialise.
Today at Spa-Francorchamps, Stéphane Ratel revealed SRO’s plans for the Blancpain Sprint Series (BSS) and Blancpain Endurance Series (BES) in 2015. While the BES shedule is complete, there are still venues to be found for the BSS. There is only a draft for the Blancpain Sprint Series Calendar 2015. The number of races shall remain at seven. The final calendar for 2015 is planned to be presented in September 2014.
In following countries negociations are taking place to host a BSS weekend in 2015:
- Russia (Moscow Raceway?)
- Brazil (Autódromo Goiânia?)
Those potential new venues rival with the following countries (in the 2014 calendar):
- Great Britain
The source is here:Blancpain GT Series Press Conference 2015 Season | Reveal Draft Calendar pic.twitter.com/dAknav294u
The first Blancpain Sprint Series weekend at Nogaro was solid. A few things were noteworthy:
- Only 17 cars turned a lap in the Main Race. That is not overwhelming when there were 22 cars on the first official entry list.
- The two Maxis (Götz and Buhk) beat Audi on their ‘home track’ on Monday. It can’t start better for the HTP Mercedes pairing.
- But Audi was unlucky to lose Vanthoor/Ramos on the formation lap. Winkelhock/Mayr-Melnhof lost their bonnet and all chances for a good finish.
- What does AH Competições Team Brasil have to do to get a podium in BSS? Sérgio Jimenez and Cacá Bueno finishing 5th after many great battles.
- The GT Open teams Villorba Corse and Bhai Tech Racing need to find some pace in BSS. But judging their performance is difficult beacause they are the only Ferrari and McLaren teams on the grid.
For Blancpain Sprint Series pics and videos from the 2014 Coupes de Pâques, click here.
A bit more than one month ahead of the first race of the new Blancpain Sprint Series (BSS), there are 13 cars on the preliminary entry list for Nogaro. A detailed version can be found here.
The number might not be the highest but there not many TBAs to be filled after WRT announced the 2014 driver line-ups. Those teams still have seats to fill:
- Boutsen Ginion Racing: Karim Ojjeh doesn’t have a partner in BSS yet.
- Grasser Racing Team: Austrian sportscar veteran Hari Proczyk is still alone in the 2nd Grasser Lamborghini that is sheduled for Pro-Am.
- Leipert Motorsport: No drivers announced.
Those are the cars for 2014:
- 4x Audi R8 LMS ultra (4x WRT)
- 4x Lamborghini Gallardo FLII (2x Grasser, 1x Reiter, 1x Leipert)
- 2x BMW Z4 GT3 (2x ROAL)
- 2x Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 (2x HTP)
- 1x McLaren MP4-12C (1x Boutsen)