The SRO has published the full season entry list for the Blancpain Srprint Series in 2015. It contains 21 GT3 cars of 8 different manufacturers. More details here.
Long-time Mercedes team HTP switched to Bentley.
This teams joined the BSS for the 2015 season:
- Attempto Racing | GER | McLaren
- Fach Auto Tech | SUI | Porsche
- GT Russian Team | RUS | Mercedes
- ISR | CZE | Audi
- MRS GT Racing | GER | Nissan
- Rinaldi Corse | GER | Ferrari
This teams left the BSS:
- Bhai Tec Racing | ITA | McLAren
- Blancpain Racing | SUI | Lamborghini
- Grasser Racing Team | AUT | Lamborghini
- ROAL Racing | ITA | BMW
- Villorba Corse | ITA | Ferrari
The first event of the 2015 season is the Coupes de Pâques in Nogaro from 4th April to 6th April 2015.
On 3 November the FIA published the official Blancpain Sprint Series Calendar 2015 calendar. Thus, the 2015 season consists of seven races.:
- Nogaro, France (04-06 April 2015)
- Brands Hatch, Great Britain (09-10 May 2015)
- Zolder, Belgium (05-07 June 2015)
- Moscow, Russia (03-05 July 2015)
- Portimão Portugal (04-06 September 2015)
- Misano, Italy (02-04 October 2015)
- Baku, Azerbaijan (24-25 October 2015)
The races in Zandvoort (Netherlands) and Orechová Potôň (Slovakia) are discontinued. New additions to the calendar 2015 are Moscow (Russia) and Misano (Italy). The races in Moscow will be contested on a street circuit.
The events in Brasil and Germany that were proposed in the provisional calendar did not materialise.
Today at Spa-Francorchamps, Stéphane Ratel revealed SRO’s plans for the Blancpain Sprint Series (BSS) and Blancpain Endurance Series (BES) in 2015. While the BES shedule is complete, there are still venues to be found for the BSS. There is only a draft for the Blancpain Sprint Series Calendar 2015. The number of races shall remain at seven. The final calendar for 2015 is planned to be presented in September 2014.
In following countries negociations are taking place to host a BSS weekend in 2015:
- Russia (Moscow Raceway?)
- Brazil (Autódromo Goiânia?)
Those potential new venues rival with the following countries (in the 2014 calendar):
- Great Britain
The source is here:Blancpain GT Series Press Conference 2015 Season | Reveal Draft Calendar pic.twitter.com/dAknav294u