20 GT3 cars are entered for the first race of the Blancpain Sprint Series (BSS) in Nogaro on Easter Weekend. Bearing in mind that some changes might appear until the green flag drops, here are some remarks on the entry list.
- The pairing Kévin Estre & Rob Bell at Attempto Racing looks very promising.
- DTM and GT veteran Bernd Schneider is back on the track with GT Russian Team.
- There are six German teams in the BSS: that’s over 50%.
- BMW Team Brasil‘s regular drivers have cimmitments across the Atlantic, thus Maxime Martin & Dirk Müller and the Specrafico bros. will drive the two BMW Z4s.
- Fortec has closed it’s GT operations. Thus, they withdrew the Mercedes in BSS.
22 GT3 cars are entered for the first race of the new Blancpain Sprint Series (BSS) in Nogaro on Easter Weekend. Bearing in mind that some changes might appear until the green flag drops, here are some remarks on the entry list:
- Last year’s FIA GT Series Race at Nogaro had 24 cars on the entry list but only 22 started the race.
- With Stéphane Ortelli, Laurens Vanthoor and Sergei Afanasiev there are 3 of 5 FIA GT Series’ champions present on the 2014 grid.
- Alex Zanardi, Nelson Piquet Jr. and (maybe) Bruno Senna are well know names that might help to grow the series.
- 14 cars for PRO class: very strong; 6 for Silver Cup: decent; 2 cars for PRO-AM: …
- 7 Audi, 4 Mercedes and 4 BMW: Germany really seems to be the “Auto-Nation”: that’s 68,2% of the field.
- Grasser Racing has not named a substitute for the injured Martin Matzke (test crash in Nogaro).
- No Lamborghini of Leipert in Nogaro.
- Boutsen Ginion only takes part in selected races. Nogaro is not one of them.
The Blancpain Sprint Series class distribution regarding driver ratings is as follows:
- PRO: 14 cars (every rating combination is possible)
- PRO-AM: 2 cars (1x Bronze + 1x Platin, Gold, Silver or 2x Silber older than 30)
- Silver Cup: 6 cars (2x Silver under 25)
The calender of the BSS can be see here.