The SRO has published the full season entry list for the Blancpain Srprint Series in 2015. It contains 21 GT3 cars of 8 different manufacturers. More details here.
Long-time Mercedes team HTP switched to Bentley.
This teams joined the BSS for the 2015 season:
- Attempto Racing | GER | McLaren
- Fach Auto Tech | SUI | Porsche
- GT Russian Team | RUS | Mercedes
- ISR | CZE | Audi
- MRS GT Racing | GER | Nissan
- Rinaldi Corse | GER | Ferrari
This teams left the BSS:
- Bhai Tec Racing | ITA | McLAren
- Blancpain Racing | SUI | Lamborghini
- Grasser Racing Team | AUT | Lamborghini
- ROAL Racing | ITA | BMW
- Villorba Corse | ITA | Ferrari
The first event of the 2015 season is the Coupes de Pâques in Nogaro from 4th April to 6th April 2015.
A bit more than one month ahead of the first race of the new Blancpain Sprint Series (BSS), there are 13 cars on the preliminary entry list for Nogaro. A detailed version can be found here.
The number might not be the highest but there not many TBAs to be filled after WRT announced the 2014 driver line-ups. Those teams still have seats to fill:
- Boutsen Ginion Racing: Karim Ojjeh doesn’t have a partner in BSS yet.
- Grasser Racing Team: Austrian sportscar veteran Hari Proczyk is still alone in the 2nd Grasser Lamborghini that is sheduled for Pro-Am.
- Leipert Motorsport: No drivers announced.
Those are the cars for 2014:
- 4x Audi R8 LMS ultra (4x WRT)
- 4x Lamborghini Gallardo FLII (2x Grasser, 1x Reiter, 1x Leipert)
- 2x BMW Z4 GT3 (2x ROAL)
- 2x Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 (2x HTP)
- 1x McLaren MP4-12C (1x Boutsen)
The first season of the new Blancpain Sprint Series (BSS) in 2014 looks to be solid. What do we know two months before the first races in Nogaro?
- Séabstien Loeb might be gone but the series attracted another of the sport’s greatest: Alessandro ‘Alex’ Zanardi who starts in a BMW of ROAL Motorsport.
- WRT is coming with four Audi R8 LMS ultra. The team’s and drvier’s champion of last year’s FIA GT Championship will look strong again in 2014.
- Four Lamborghinis are entred as well. Dutch veteran Peter Kox returns to sprint racing with Blancpain Racing.
- HTP Motorport has hired some talented young drivers but has not yet revealed the driver line-ups.
A detailed version of the preliminary Blancpain Sprint Series entry list is here.
The revised shedule for the BSS season is here.